The Ultimate Moving Day ChecklistOn November 20, 2017 by Pamela Clarke
Changing homes for obvious reasons is a daunting task. Though we might be moving for good, the tasks involved and the time taken to move around will make anyone go nuts. The plenty of work involved and the time to settle down at anew place can make you go crazy.
Well, not anymore! Yes, you needn’t go crazy or break down around piles of clothes and stationaries all-round the home, unlike years ago! We are one among the best moving companies, which have all the necessary equipment and services at your fingertip, to make your moving process, smoother and a lot easier.
We have compiled a checklist for you, to have it handy and to cross verify against. The day of moving from your old place to the new place matter most, ultimately. Hence this checklist contains only the final moving day list.
From your old place:
- Bring out the packed bags and luggage and check every nook and corner of the home.
- Empty the trash cans before your truck arrives
- Get the payment mode confirmed, for the movers; to avoid last minute rushes.
- Get your friends to order some food, until the time you reach anew place, order them beforehand.
- Children and pets should be looked upon by a separate member who is not involved in this moving action
- Check your car
- Pass on the main contact information to the movers
- Switch off all the lights and handover keys to the landlord
At the new place:
- Arrive well before the movers come-in, or ask your friends to do so.
- Open up gates and doors that might lead to your block, for a smooth and safe movement
- Take a peep into the new home, emptied with your landlord, to check for any minor or major damages in the home, before you dump your luggage
- If you have time, then clean the apartment before your things arrive, just to be on the cleaner side
- Take the inventory of the movers and check your things
- Ask the movers to move boxes according to their designation, the bedroom ones to there and the kitchen ones to the kitchen.
- Tip the movers and treat your friends for helping in, or for that continued support to set up in the new home